IIPRC Filing Guidelines
Oregon is a member of the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission
(IIPRC). At implementation, the Oregon Insurance Division decided to audit
every seventh filing, with the intent of discontinuing our audits if we found
no filing errors. Through these audits, we have identified several recurring
issues. We would like to provide you with a few reminders about submitting
forms to the IIPRC that will be used with Oregon forms, new IIPRC forms, or
previously approved IIPRC forms.
When a form is filed with Oregon or through the IIPRC, the filing
must identify the form numbers and names of other previously approved
forms that will be used with the form being filed. This information
provides us with a complete picture of the product being offered
to the consumer. The filer will be contacted when the filing does
not include this information. Form numbers are expected to be identified
exactly as they were approved, including spaces, slashes, dashes,
To help filers submit accurate and complete filings, we have included
some guidelines and scenarios for IIPRC filings.
Adding Oregon to a previously approved IIPRC filing:
- Before adding Oregon to an IIPRC approved filing, verify that all
the forms being used have been approved.
- Be sure to update the Statement of Intent (SOI) in SERFF
with the required form information.
Submitting a filing to Oregon that uses IIPRC-approved forms:
- Before submitting the filing to Oregon, verify that all forms filed
with the IIPRC have been approved.
- Provide the IIPRC SERFF filing number and any other pertinent
information in your cover letter or filing description.
Submitting a filing to the IIPRC that includes Oregon:
- Verify that the information listed within the filing description
or cover letter clearly identifies the purpose of the filing.
- Verify the Oregon forms listed on the SOI are filed and
approved by Oregon.
Advertisements submitted to Oregon that reference IIPRC approved forms:
- Some advertisements require prior approval by the Oregon
Insurance Division. Please review the following advertising guidelines
before submitting any advertisement for prior approval.
- Before submitting an advertising filing, verify that the
policy advertised has been approved.
- A form that is approved by the IIPRC as part of a filing
to which Oregon has not been added may not be advertised or used
- Reference all of the forms to which the advertisement applies
(the list can be on the last page).
- The cover letter or the advertising guidelines must list
all the approved form numbers along with the filing number in
which each form was approved.
- If more than one product is referred to by a marketing
name in the advertisement, that name must be included in the cover
letter or advertising guideline.
- Provide an explanation of who approved the form (Oregon
or the IIPRC) and make sure the approved form number is listed
Applications/enrollment forms filed with Oregon or the IIPRC:
- Application/enrollment form filings filed with Oregon must
identify all previously approved forms that the new form will
be used with.
- Application/enrollment form filings filed with the IIPRC
must identify in the SOI all previously approved forms that the
new form will be used with.
- A generic entry on the SOI of all approved forms will not be
If you have questions regarding this information, please contact Tammy Vance
at 503-947-7236 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.